Personal Assessment & Counselling
Symmetry Consulting has provided short term solution focused counselling for hundreds of individuals facing anxiety, depression, stress or significant life challenges such as: workplace stress, relationship break-up or divorce, elder care, the death loss of a loved one, or health loss.
Symmetry is qualified to use and interpret various assessment tools which can provide information that can be practically applied for the benefit of the client.
- Provided Employee Assistance Counselling Services in the Bow Valley since 2003.
- Served as an Advocate for over 10 years with Bow Valley Victim Services providing crisis intervention, support, information and referral to victims of crime.
- Worked under the supervision of two Geriatric Psychiatrists, while working as a Psychogeriatric Consultant with Psychogeriatric Consulting Services, Carewest, Calgary, AB. Provided clinical assessments (particularly of Clinical Depression and Dementia) and care recommendations for residents of long term care facilities. Also provided educational/supportive group sessions for staff and families.
- Provided part time bereavement counselling for 2 years for clients of the Personal Development Centre, Edmonton, AB.
- Researched, designed and developed a counselling service for widowed people in Edmonton and surrounding area. Honored with a Tribute to Women (Women of Distinction) Award for the contribution of the service to the Edmonton community. Provided individual and group bereavement counselling for 6 years. Group "Living Through Loss" program was modelled after the program of a Registered Psychologist, who also provided ongoing mentorship.
- Co-facilitated weekend Marriage Preparation programs (focus was Communication Skills) for the Family Life Education Council in Edmonton, AB.