Stress Management and Health Promotion
Stress Management and Health Promotion Highlights
- Researched and wrote several articles for the “Healthy U” publication for the Alberta Centre for Active Living.
- Designed and facilitated a stress management workshop “Chill Out, De-stress and Enhance Performance and Well Being” for the Banff Centre.
- Designed and facilitated “Life Balance” workshops for managers and employees of Parks Canada.
- Custom designed and delivered 3 workshops “Working Well Under Pressure” for 60 employees of a government department in Edmonton and Calgary that was restructuring. Through the use of humor, staff learned to recognize personal signs of stress and strategies for preventing, defusing or managing them.
- Designed and facilitated numerous Stress Management, and Health and Wellness workshops for professionals such as nurses, recreation therapists, social workers, civil servants, teachers and librarians.
- Researched and designed a holistic “Health and Wellness” Program for the Alberta Association of YWCA’s; trained fitness leaders to facilitate the program.
- Presented on the subject of “Stress Management and Mental Wellness” at an Engineering Conference in Edmonton and an Allied Health Professionals Conference in Fort McMurray.
- Designed and facilitated a weekend retreat on personal Health and Wellness for women of all ages.
- Served as a faculty member, presenting teleconferences on a variety of subjects including Stress Management.
- Former Assistant Fitness Centre Director for the YWCA of Edmonton.